QtFile is a web based file browser, which intends to provide a friendly interface for your users to manage their own files and folders on your web site.
It provides a powerful, reliable and easy web file management with lots of cool features:
Try it now.
- Membership based, every user has their own files, folders and privileges;
- Easy theming, the default theme is based on jQuery UI Theme Framework, which can be simply customized by
rolling your theme;
- Ajax everything;
- Restrict upload files by size, extensions and your criterias;
- File details and image preview;
- File type specified icons;
- And much more coming soon...
- JS works under IE 6.0+, FF 2+, Safari 3.0+, Opera 9.0+ and Chrome;
- The default theme has been tested under IE 7.0+, FF 3.0, Safari 4 and Chrome 2.
- Download the latest release of QtFile from
- Copy dist/bin/QtFile.dll and ASP.NET MVC Futures (for rendering file manager) to
bin/ directory of your MVC application;
- Copy all files under dist/views/ to Views directory of your MVC application;
- Configure QtFile in web.config:
- Define a configuration section for QtFile under <configSections/> element:
<!-- Config section for qtfile -->
<section name="qtfile" type="QtFile.Configuration.QtFileConfig, QtFile"/>
Configuration for QtFile.
defaultQuota: disk space quota in bytes, required;
defaultMaxSizePerFile: maximum allowed size for single upload file in bytes, required;
defaultMaxFolders: maximum number of folders for a user, required;
defaultMaxFiles: maximum number of files for a user, required.
<qtfile defaultQuota="10485760" defaultMaxSizePerFile="1048576"
<!-- Extensions allowed for upload -->
<add extension=".jpg" />
<add extension=".png" />
<add extension=".bmp" />
<add extension=".gif" />
- For user specified settings, please refer to the web.config of
- Get your customized UI Theme and copy
dist/css/qtfile/ and dist/js/jquery.qtfile.js to your MVC application;
- In the page containing the file manager, add reference to the style sheets, and JS as well;
<!-- Add your custom jquery-ui css here -->
<link href="your_path/jquery-ui-1.7.custom.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<!-- Default theme, based on the above juqery-ui styles -->
<link href="your_path/qtfile/default/default.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<!-- Reference to jquery -->
<!-- Reference to QtFile script -->
- Render the file manager, and there you go.
<!-- Render QtFile file manager -->
<% Html.RenderAction<QtFile.Controllers.UserFileController>(c => c.FileManager(null)); %>
P.S. Every thing needed to setup QtFile can be found in reference/
directory of the release.